Monday, December 30, 2013

ANOTHER YEAR OVER

It amazes me that we are celebrating another new year.  My last blog was dated March 2012 almost two years ago.  Time sure does fly.

I think about what this year has meant to me.  God's grace and mercy was evident throughout the year.  I have three healthy girls.  Each have their distinct talents and personality.  Each have their way of making me smile.  What a blessing.

A few days ago, I woke up later than usual because it was our Christmas break.  But as I opened our hallway door and entered into our dining room, a pungent smell of gas permeated the air.  It turns out that one of us had bumped into the knob of our gas stove and inadvertently turned it on.  Gas had been leaking from 8:00pm - 6:00am.  But the gas did not make it to us; it did not make it past the closed hallway door.  But it wasn't the door that kept us safe throughout the night.  It wasn't the door that allowed us to wake in the morning.  It was the loving protection of our Heavenly Father.

It makes the celebration of the new year even more meaningful - to not take family for granted - to not take safety and life and peace and joy and air and every breath for granted.  I shared with my kids that it would have been a great surprise to wake up in heaven - but what a blessing it is to be allowed to be used by God another day on Earth.

Thank you Lord for this year.  Thank you for my kids, my husband, my family and friends, my job, the house you've given us, the car that continues to run.  Thank you Lord for your Son, for salvation and redemption.  Thank you for your provision and protection.


NEW YEAR's WISH LIST

1.  Experience Disney World with my kids
2.  Lose 50lbs.
3.  Meet George W. Bush
4.  Own my own restaurant
5.  Put a new coat of paint on my house/ inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment